Assembly of a "High Voltage Construction Kit" test installation Thanks to is flexibility, the High Voltage Construction Kit is not confined to permanent installation in a given test area. However, it may often be expedient - especially for teaching and research - to provide an adequate experimentation both for installation of the kit. In this case, the high- voltage apparatus are installed in a separate cabin protected by wire fences which allow watching the test performance. A proposed single - stage set - up is shown below.
It is recommended to assemble the kit components in the following sequence of operations:
The control desk is placed in its assigned position and grounded.
The warning lamps and door contacts are connected to the appropriate sockets on the terminal strip.
Then, the individual Kit components can be assembled as follows
1) In the first place, the floor pedestals F(s) are laid out. Then the spacer bars are clipped into the pedestals, starting with the end having an unthreaded boring, into which the previously pulled - out safety pin will rest. Then the other end of the spacer bar is clipped into the opposite floor pedestal. A search hole on either side of the boring makes fitting easy and compensates for possible unevenness of the floor
2) This is followed b capacity placing the vertically positioned components into the floor pedestals F(s).A connecting cup K is placed on top of each components can be clipped into the connecting cups.
3) The drive AKF of the Sphere gap KF is fastened (winged nuts) to the spacer bar underneath the sphere gap. The drive shafts, viz. ASa (short) for the lower stage and ASb (long)for the upper stage of the kit are placed in the stumps on the drive shafts. This operation is made easy by slightly turning the sphere gap. In the case of a multi-stage configuration, the setting of the gaps must be identical before the drive rods are inserted.
4) The grounding switch ES is placed next to the impulse capacitor. The electrode EL is fitted on top of the capacitor.
5) Now the test transformer and all other equipment in the test set-up as well as the control desk are earthed.
6) The following control desk to the individual apparatus:
a) to test transformer TEO 100/10 and TEO 100/20 2 X 4 mm2
b) to drive AKF 3 X 0.75 mm2
c) to grounding switch Es 7 X 0.5 mm2
d) to measuring spark gap MF 3 X 0.75 mm2
e) to each ignition sphere EZK one fibre - optic cable LWL
The control leads with plug-and-socket couplings are included in the supply of the respective apparatus(length 10m each).
7) Coaxial measuring cables "VKD" shall be laid from the control desk to the individual measuring instruments as follows:
"SM / DSM" to measuring capacitor CM (measurement of the AC peak voltage)
"STM" / "DSTM" to lead capacitor CB(impulse voltage measurement)
"GM / DGM" to measuring resistor RM (DC voltage measurement)
Before the test equipment is put into service, all connections and ground links should be checked over once again
Proposed layout of single-stage High Voltage Construction Kit